Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 4: The first approach!

More progress! This morning Martha came up to me!

I've been using the calming signals from Turid Rugaas' book, moving slowly around her, turning my face away, yawning and licking my lips, all to show her that I'm not threatning...

This morning she came out of her crate and followed the dogs around. She's obviously still scared and would run, but she started coming up to me! I was snuggling Brutus and Wednesday and she was so curious, she was sniffing all around me and she even sniffed my face! I gently touched her head and she didn't run so I kept scratching her, letting up now and then to give her a chance to move but she stayed! :)

She is still scared but I'm sticking by the signals and it's really working! She's been following me at a distance and is curious, and doesn't run as quickly... Progress!


Rick scratching Martha's head...

1 comment: